Founders of World Tourism Organization Academy, International Centre in Tbilisi will be business figures and 10 leading business groups including company “Granat”.
Also in order to develop Tourism, World Tourism Organisation in cooperation with Swiss Hospitality School SHL will open a school in Sairme.
- The school will educate 200 students of Tourism per year, who will be employed automatically.
- Lecturers’ training programs will be implemented by the international partners.
- Organization of investment forums are planned in Georgia as well as outside of Georgia.
- Academy will play a role of regional hub.
- In selected directions the center will be an absolute leader in the world.
In November 2018, the Minister of Education, Science, Culture and Sport of Georgia Mikheil Batiashvili and General Secretary of World Tourism Organization Zurab Pololikashvili in Madrid signed the memorandum which foresees the implementation of unexampled educational programs in the world. Namely, the program aims to implement educational programs in tourism, such as carrying out an Educational and Technological forums and creating online academy platform. As well as various projects for public officers and for private sector employees.