With so much news and research taking place across the hospitality industry, it’s hard to keep track. Here are some hotel industry statistics you might have missed in April:
- Innovation in travel is unrelenting, with £ 4 billion funding for travel- based startups last year and more to come in 2018.
- As of March 2018, 60% of travel site sessions are performed on mobile, a 13% increase on 2017.
- With 89 million visitors in 2017, France is on track to hit its intended target of 100 million by 2020.
- Figures emerged showing Europe received 671 million visitors in 2017- an 8% rise on 2016.
- 70% of travellers perform a TripAdvisor search prior booking their stay.
- By 2021, more that four billion mobile assistants will be used globally.
- 76% of travellers will pay more for a hotel if it has better online reviews.